Are you a developer, designer, professional, or entrepreneur who is eager to show the expertise in the field of application development? Then this is the right opportunity for you.
[alert-note] eChai, is a unique approach to test the skills of tech-enthusiasts as well as promoting entrepreneur culture among the youths by analyzing abilities through various get-together events and meets. [/alert-note]
What is eChai App Challenge?
The upcoming ‘eChai App Challenge’ is a contest which will be held in Ahmedabad, India and will be hosted by eChai and First Touch in association with MeraVenue.com. The contest is to bring together tech-enthusiasts from all over India who are well versed in designing and development of mobile applications. The contest will be a 24 hours contest in which participants will compete for cash prizes, interact with other people in various domains and most importantly learn to develop skills.
The contest is supported by iAccelerator as Knowledge Partner, Let’s Nurture as Supporting Partner, iWillStudy.com as Technology partner, GDG Ahmedabad as Community Partner and various online media partners like AndroMint.com, BuddyBits.com and TheAppEntrepreneur.com.
Who should participate in this contest?
This contest is for those people who always wanted to show their application development skills but were waiting for a crucial happening. This is the program for those who are looking for the ‘technical brain’ to create business ideas for them. This is the platform on which the tech-aficionados can interact with each other and learn a thing or two from each other.This is one of the platforms for the professionals to try their expertise for the creation of unique stuff they always wanted to create but looking for this kind of opportunity.
Following are the significant points that will act as the judging criteria of the contest:
- The jury members will be a team of experienced people who are well-versed in developing or had developed some of the most successful mobile applications.
- Secondly, your applications will be judged on the basis of several factors like whether the application is a unique or fresh idea, whether it is problem solving or not, its practicality in real life and the potential impact or opportunities created from this application.
- Thirdly, you will have to develop the entire application during the contest only and the work will be judged accordingly. This will be given more preference against the work you have done previously.
There are actually two categories in this. The prize money known as ‘Jury Choice’ will be distributed to the best three applications chosen by the jury. The first prize would be worth Rs. 15000, second Rs. 10,000 and the third prize will be worth Rs. 5000 cash.
On the other hand, second category is of ‘People’s Choice’ award. In this category, the partners, stakeholders and all the contestants will be putting in money according to their will, whether it is 100, 500 or 1000. All the money collected in this way will form ‘People’ Choice’ category. This prize money will be given on the basis of number of votes and will be distributed equally among the top 3 teams.
- eChai App Challenge is basically a free to participate contest and you just have to fill a form for the confirmation of participation.
- A total of 4 members will be allowed in a single team.
- Contestants are supposed to bring their laptops, phones, internet dongles and other required devices needed to build the application.
- The contestants will be offered full infrastructure support as well as supply of Chai/Coffee continuously.
- Contestants will have to manage lunch and dinner on their own but can also purchase foodstuffs from the IIMA canteen and from other nearby sources.
Schedule of the event
Saturday, 4th January 2014
- 9.00am-9:30am: Starting of Registration process: Make up your mind and come prepared for the event.
- 9:30am-11:30am: Team formation: Enough time to interact with your coeval and people you would like to add in your team.
- 11:30 am-Till the end of Night: Competition will begin sharp at the given time and will continue till the end of night. Professionals and experts from various domains will be there to guide the teams.
Saturday, 5th January 2014
- 9.00am-12:30pm: Competition will continue till the given time.
- 2.00pm-5pm: The best applications chosen by the Jury will be demonstrated and the event will conclude after the Award Ceremony.
Come and Join!
The contest is germinated from the need to equip potential application designers and young entrepreneurs with the knowledge and the right skill set needed in the field. The event could prove crucial for many of the tech savvies and entrepreneurs alike and could be a stepping stone to success. So don’t miss the opportunity and show your mettle.
Stay tuned for more updates. See you there!