The Android operating system from Google is an amazing platform for mobiles because of its features and customization prospects. Many mobile makers are manufacturing Android smartphones and Micromax is one of the fast emerging contender in this market. They have introduced the Canvas series with very good response from the buyers.
The Canvas 2 A110, unveiled by Micromax is stuffed with decent and powerful features. This device can be rooted in order get the full OS access but this will void the warranty. But, you need not worry as you can retain the warranty by unrooting it easily. Now if you are an owner of this device and want to get the full freedom of Android, go through the below steps to learn how to root Micromax Canvas 2 A110.
Things to Note
- The procedure discussed below can only be applied on the Micromax Canvas 2, model number A110. Do not apply on other devices may brick them.
- Before starting, read the instructions properly and thoroughly.
- Recommend to read – Top 6 Benefits of Rooting Your Android Samrtphones
- Micromax Canvas 2, model number A110.
- A PC with internet connection
- USB data cable (original) of your smartphone
- Charge your device at least up to 70% to avoid its shutting down between the process.
- Make a back up of your device’s data so that they are not lost while you are rooting. Use a backup app to do this and you can also restore them later if something goes wrong.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to the ‘Settings’ menu and then select > ‘Applications’ > ‘Development’ > ‘USB debugging.’ Remember to mark and check the box while you can untick it later after you are done with the process.
Procedure to Root Micromax Canvas 2 A110
1. First of all, download the Bin4ry Rooting Toolkit to your PC and extract it onto some folder which you can easily find later.
2. Make use of the USB data cable and connect smartphone to your PC and wait till the drivers get installed. They may get installed automatically, if not, make use of Pdanet and manually install the drivers.
3. Once your device has been detected by your PC, change the mode of your smartphone form USB storage to Media Device.
4. Now, open the folder to have access to the files you had downloaded and extracted in the first step.
5. Select ‘RunMe.bat’ and open it, this will display a command screen along with various options.
6. Here, you need to select ‘Normal Mode’ option by tapping 1 followed by Enter.
7. Go through the instructions carefully in order to root your device. You device is likely to reboot in sometime so that some files are copied. Wait for the process to complete.
8. Once your device switches on, you will get the ‘superuser SU‘ app among the apps and you have got the root access to your device.
9. Now, get the root checker app to make sure that your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 has been rooted.