The Canvas HD A116 is one of the most amazing smartphones unveiled by the premium mobile manufacturer Micromax. As you know, the Canvas series of Micromax has been ruling the medium-level smartphones in the mobile market of India. The company had announced they have sold more than 1 million canvas smartphones till April 2013.
Micromax Canvas HD A116 is stuffed with some decent specs and above all, it runs on the latest Android Jelly Bean platform of Google, it is also powered by a 1.2 GHz MediaTek MT6589 quad-core processor along with VR SGX5 GPU and 1GB RAM .
Now, if you are an owner of this device and you want to break all barriers and limitations of the stock ROM, you have to root it. Rooting will enable you to apply custom ROMs and install the apps which required super user access. Rooting will void your device’s warranty, though you can get it back by flashing the stock ROM. So if you are ready, follow the instructions below to root Micromax Canvas HD A 116 and boost it further. We will be mentioning two different methods to root your device, choose the one you feel comfortable with.
Things to Note
- The procedure discussed below should only be applied on the Micromax Canvas HD, model number A116.
- These instructions are for your learning purpose and we won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device due to this tutorial.
- Thoroughly read the instructions before proceeding for the process.
- Micromax Canvas HD, model number A116.
- PC with internet connectivity.
- Original USB data cable of your device.
- Your device should be charged at least up to 70%-80% in order to avoid switching off in the middle of the process
- Keep a back up of your device’s data so that you do not lose them while rooting and for this, you can use a backup app and restore them later as well.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone.
Procedure to Root Micromax Canvas HD A116
- Firstly, you need to download the latest version of Bin4ry Rooting tool to your computer from the XDA official link and then extract it onto a folder.
- Making use of the USB data cable, you need to connect your device to the computer. In the folder to which you had earlier extracted the files, you will find “RunMe.bat” file. Simply click on it to run it which will open into a command prompt page.
- Here, you need to select ‘normal mode’ by tapping ‘1’ on your device followed by an Enter on the keyboard.
- Now, some on-screen instructions will be displayed on the screen. Follow these instructions to thoroughly and continue with the rooting procedure.
- You will notice some files being copied to your Micromax Canvas HD by Bin4ry and with this, your device will automatically reboot.
- Once your device has booted, search for the Superuser SU app on the app drawer of your phone and if you find it, know that your device is rooted.
- Finally, reboot your Micromax Canvas HD A116 Jelly bean device manually.
- To begin the rooting process, download the following files “SU Package & SU BIN” and copy them to your phone’s SD card.
- Power off your device and boot it to the recovery mode by holding & pressing ‘Volume up + Volume down + Power’ buttons.
- You will see an Android icon with warning/error on the screen, press the power button.
- You will see the recovery mode menus in the screen. Now this is tricky, to select any option from the screen you have to press two touch buttons simultaneously on your phone’s bottom, left one which is for the menu and right one which is for going to the previous screen. You have to keep pressing it for 5-6 seconds.
- From the recovery screen select “wipe data/factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”
- Once it’s done, select “apply update from sd card” option and choose the file “Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip” from the SD card.
- Repeat the above step and choose the file “su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip”.
- Once you flash both the files select the option “reboot system now” from the recovery screen.