Surprisingly, a few weeks back Moto G was made available to be sold officially in the USA. The most awaited mid-range Android smartphone which is expected to be available in January 2014 has made its place in the US stores, while for the other countries is still on hold! Not only that, Motorola also offers Moto G customization online by visiting official “Moto Maker” as per the need for the US users. That’s really an amazing thing and I hope it’s a Christmas gift from Motorola to them.
As Google owns Motorola, so Moto G is also compiled to avail the most famous Nexus experience to the users. Apart from that, Moto G features a 4.5 inch edge-to-edge IPS display having a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels, powered by 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC chip with 1GB RAM, new Adreno 305 GPU, 5MP primary and 1.3MP front camera, and smoothly running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The new Moto G is available in two storage flavors says 8GB and 16GB, without an external SD card slot. It’s undoubtedly the best smartphone in the mid-range criteria and we have listed it as one of the best smartphone available in December 2013.
While the other good news is that the newly released Moto G is rooted. Yes! It’s absolutely true; one can silently get the root access on Moto G using a simple script called “Superboot“. So, if are looking to root Moto G then you’re at right place. Today, in this article, we will show the way to root Moto G using Superboot. Remember rooting will void your device warranty and you won’t be able to avail the OTA updates in future. So if you are ready, let’s start the tutorial.
- Check your device battery percentage, if it’s lower than 70% then do charge up to 70% and stay away from unexpected shut downs.
- Make sure you have taken the back-up of your important data.
- Make sure you have installed all the necessary USB drivers for Moto G on your PC. You can get it from here.
- Be sure that you have unlocked the device bootloader, if not then you can do it from here.
- Don’t forget to enable “USB Debugging” from the settings.
Download Rooting Package
Steps to Root Motorola Moto G
Step 1: Download and extract above rooting package on your Computer’s desktop.
Step 2: Now, put your device into bootloader mode by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key” together.
Step 3: Connect your device to your Computer using the original USB data cable.
Step 4: Navigate to the extracted folder and there you’ll find three files which you can run depending on your Computer’s operating system.
- If you are using Windows then – Right Click on ‘superboot-windows.bat‘ file and click on “Run as administrator”.
- If you are using Linux then – First, execute the command ‘chmod +x superboot-linux.sh‘ and then run the ‘superboot-linux.sh‘ file.
- If you are using Mac then – execute ‘chmod +x superboot-mac.sh‘ and then run the “superboot-mac.sh” file.
Step 5: The rooting process will start immediately.
Step 6: Once the he process is completed successfully you will notify that your device is rooted.
Step 7: Congratulations, that’s it!
Finally, you have successfully rooted your Moto G. Now, you can flash your favorite Custom Recovery and install the apps which required the root access. Do check – 10 Must Have Apps for your Rooted Android Device.
If any help needed in rooting Moto G then ask your questions with us using the below comments section. Enjoy!