Owning one of the best Android Smartphones and if you can’t unleash the actual power of it then it’s better not to use it. Yes, I am talking about the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 which is still one of the best smartphone from the Galaxy Series.
Samsung had rolled out the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMF6 for the Galaxy S3 users recently. If you don’t get this firmware yet, it’s available through Samsung Kies for most of the countries.
So once you have got the 4.1.2 official firmware, then you can root your smartphone to customize it better and install more apps & widgets. So here is the procedure to root Galaxy S3 I9300 running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. In this article, I will show you the easiest way to root Galaxy S3 I9300 using the CF Root. But before proceeding further, you must read the whole process carefully and understand it well.
Things to Remember
- This rooting guide is exclusively for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean smartphones. Do not attempt this on any other devices.
- Charge the smartphone to at least 70 to 80% battery to avoid the unexpected shutdown.
Things to do
- Enable the USB Debugging
- Take all the important data and settings backup.
- Download and install the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 USB Drivers from here (Not required if you have installed Samsung Kies already on your system).
- Download “Odin” and “CF Auto Root“.
- Extract the Odin.zip file and keep the CF Auto Root as it is.
How to root Galaxy S3 I9300
- Open “Odin.exe” from the extracted folder as administrator.
- Then switch off your phone and start into download mode. To start in download/odin mode press and hold “Vol Down+Power+Home” buttons together for few seconds. A warning screen will appear on the screen, press the Volume Up key to enter to the odin mode.
- Now connect your S3 to the computer via USB cable. If the phone connected successfully, one of the column under ID:COM will turn green/yellow.
- Make sure “F. Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” boxes are ticked on Odin.
- Click on “PDA” button and choose CF Auto Root zip file which have downloaded earlier.
- Finally click on “Start” and wait for the rooting process to complete.
- Once it’s done see the “PASS” message on the message box and your device will be reboot automatically.
- Disconnect the smartphone from PC.