Samsung had launched Galaxy Star Duos to strengthen its entry-level portfolio in the smartphone market. They have tried to push all the user requirements into a small screen and sell for a cheaper price. The phone packed with 3.0 inch capacitive touch screen, 1 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU with 512 MB RAM and running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Now if you have bought this phone and looking for more from it, you can consider to root the device. Of course, gaining root access on a smaller device will be a fun – you can remove some unnecessary system apps from the internal memory, get various customized themes, apps that can overclock your CPU and much more. In this post, we will simply show you the way on how to root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos easily. So, let’s proceed to the tutorial section!
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your device warranty and we’re not responsible for anything, neither for rooting nor for an any damage. Follow at your own risk.
Things to Remember
- Check your device battery status, it must be up to 80%, if not then charge it up to that level.
- Do enable USB debugging from the Settings option.
- It’s advisable to have a complete backup of your device data.
- Download and install Samsung Kies for the Official USB drivers.
- Computer with Windows Operating System.
- Original USB cable came with the smartphone.
Method to Root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos (GT-S5280/GT-S5282)
1. Download the “Root Script“ and extract it on your Computer’s desktop.
2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos to your Computer via USB cable. Wait for the driver installation to complete.
3. Then, open the “Impactor.exe” from the extracted folder.
4. The Cydia Impactor window with a drop down menu will open up. Make sure the “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” option is selected, then click on “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
5. Once the tool finishes the process, you have to install Super SU and Busy Box on your device to complete the rooting process.
6. After installing, reboot your device once and your job is completed.
7. You can check the root status by installing the Root Checker app from Play store.
Congratulations! You have got the root access on your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos device. Enjoy installing some root access apps to customize your device. If you need any help then contact us via below comments box!