A few weeks back, Sony lined-up Xperia Z1 flagship device under the category of waterproof and dust-proof Smartphones. Indeed, the Sony Xperia Z1 is the successor of Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia Z Ultra, having some minor differences. This time Sony brings up a device running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean power-packed with 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad Core processor with 2 GB RAM, 20 MP camera, and expandable up to 64 GB.
We are aware about the fact that by default root access is disabled on any device by the manufacturer itself. So, now if you are the owner of Sony Xperia Z1 and you want to unleash the device to get the full access, then the only way to do so is to root your device. Of course, after rooting, many closed doors will be open like you can install various Custom ROMs, apply tweaks, remove system apps and there are many other advantages of it. But, in return, your device warranty will be void – that doesn’t matter because in exchange of one disadvantage, we are getting lots of advantages. I hope you’re happy with that, so let’s start the tutorial man! Below is the step-by-step guide on how to root Sony Xperia Z1.
Also Read: Top Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device
- Sony Xperia Z1 with a battery 80% battery level
- Full Backup of the device so that if anything goes wrong you can restore your data
- A computer running on Windows OS and necessary USB drivers installed.
We will be using a small software called vroot to execute the rooting process. Unfortunately the program is in Chinese language, but if you follow the steps as same as mentioned in the article carefully it will be easy to root your device.
Download vroot rooting kit from here.
Guide to root Sony Xperia Z1
1. Download the vroot software from the above link and install the tool similarly like any other software. What you need to do is just click next button three times and click on finish.
2. Open the installed tool from the desktop and then connect your Sony Xperia Z1 via USB cable to your Computer. If you have installed the drivers correctly then the device will be detected, otherwise re-installed the USB drivers.
3. After the successful connection the device model number will be listed on the tool like the above screenshot.
4. Now, the last step is to click on “Green Button” on the tool to start the rooting process.
5. As the process is successfully completed, the phone will automatically reboot and then you will get a screen similar to the below image.
Congratulations! Now, you have got the root access on your Sony Xperia Z1. If you have any doubts or queries then please leave a comment below! You can also visit the XDA thread for more information about the rooting method.