The latest budget Android smartphone from Samsung, Galaxy Xcover 2 has just received an official update of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 firmware. The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 official firmware update has already been put on air on the Samsung KIES. But as always Samsung KIES does not give everyone the update notification because of region specific issues so we are over here to help you out with this thing.
You will be guided through each and every step which is required to update your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 official firmware manually. Or in a roundabout way, we have prepared a step by step guide to let you update your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 official firmware.
Assuming that you are new to this stuff, here is how we will be updating the handset – what we will be doing is quite simple that we will be installing the official firmware on the Galaxy Xcover 2 by using Odin.
Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 Official Firmware
IMPORTANT: Things to Remember
- Be sure that you perform the steps mentioned below on your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2. Performing it on any another device would do nothing but brick your phone.
- This is an Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2.
- By updating your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 official firmware, you will no longer have your device rooted.
- Make sure that you have all the crucial USB drivers installed on your computer
- Charge your phone battery to about 80% of the full battery level
- Follow each and every step carefully
- Call Logs
- GPRS Settings
- NanDroid backup (if possible)
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC2 Official Firmware
Step 1 – Save Odin to your system and install it
Step 2 – Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2
Step 3 – Press and hold the Volume Down + Home together and then press the Power button. As soon as you see the construction Android robot and a triangle, click the Power button again to enter to Download mode
Step 4 – Now connect your phone to your PC and open Odin on it
Step 5 – Tap PDA and choose CODE file
Step 6 – Tap Phone and choose MODEM file
Step 7 – Tap CSC and choose CSC file
Step 8 – Tap Pit and select the .pit file
Final Step – Now the last step in order to begin with the installation of official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware is to check the Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time and Re-Partition (Only if you performed the 8th step) in the Odin. After that click on start button. The process will start and will finish in couple of minutes.
Your device is now updated with the latest firmware. You can verify it by going to Settings->About phone.