The Jelly Bean 4.1 version isn’t that outdated, but some of us like to keep up to perfect pace when it comes to updates for Android. Even the slightest out dating can make some android users feel old and dusty. This might also be the case if you’re stuck with Jelly Bean 4.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 WiFi. But, as you already might know; there is no dead end to our updating tricks and easy shortcuts. The Galaxy Tab 3 hasn’t still shown up with the 4.2.2 version update yet, but who wants to wait? No one! Kick back and check out this ROM, which if flashed will allow you to move a step further with android again.
You might already know that our guides always have to present some preparations, warnings and pre-requisites, before we start explaining the procedure. I know that you might already know the risks, but we still have to be sure and show the way to the unknowing. The main idea is to backup your important information and data because there is always a risk of it getting lost or corrupt.
Preparations / prerequisites
The important information that you most probably want to backup are:
- Your SMSs – Back them up with SMS recovery and restore app.
- All your contacts – By syncing them with your Gmail/Google account application.
- All your images, videos and other files – By saving them either on your internal or external storage (SD card).
- You must have at least 70%-80% of battery to prevent the phone shutting down in the middle of flashing (this could be an issue).
Also, enable USB debugging on your computer so you can connect it with your Galaxy Tab 3 safely and perform the flashing procedure. On an important note, you must have in your knowledge that we are not responsible for any kind of damage caused to the phone, or the software. Flash at your own risk…
How to update
Now, that we’ve gotten the preparations done, let’s move on to how we can actually update our OS. You must:
- First, download the JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM package from here.
- Now connect your computer to your Tab 3 and copy this ROM package to the phone’s external memory (SD card)
- Now boot the Tab into recovery mode, first turn the Tab off. Now hold down volume down Rocker key + The home button + the power button. You will see the Android green robot which means that the phone has booted into recovery mode. You can leave the keys now.
- Now select ‘choose file from SD card’, and choose the ROM package that you downloaded.
- Now hit start and wait till the ROM flashes. After the flashing is done, reboot the Tab.
And you’re done; however, you will need to hold your horses as your device will take a bit more time to reboot. Congrats! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 official firmware.