Even though Key Lime Pie which is in fact Android 5.0 is on its way and will most probably be announced on Google I/O 2013, Jelly Bean 4.2.2 has still not lost attention of the developers and the normal users. To make this fact pertinent, we have a good news for you or to be more particular, a good news for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 users because they can now update their Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 by using the latest AOKP ROM dubbed as Tsunami X ROM.
To learn more about the features of Tsunami X Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM head over to the source page.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S I9000 and want to update it to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via Tsunami X custom ROM then we have got you covered and prepared a step-by-step guide to let you update your Samsung Galaxy S to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via Tsunami X custom ROM.
However, before you can move further into the article and discover the guide to update your Samsung Galaxy S to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 using the Tsunami X custom ROM, there are a few things you must keep under notice. These are following:
- This is not an official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 but a Custom ROM, which is known as the Tsunami X custom ROM (based on Android 4.2.2)
- By performing the steps given below in order to update your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2, you will be indirectly performing a factory reset, which means that you will lose all your data including Contacts, Call Logs and Messages.
- Make sure you read each and every step carefully because in case any of the step is performed with even a minor flaw, it might lead your smartphone to get bricked.
Preparations Before Updating Samsung Galaxy S to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via Tsunami X Custom ROM
- Backup all your text messages and contacts
- Take the backup of Call Logs in case they are important for you
- Make sure you backup all your applications
- If required, also note down your GPRS settings
- Turn on USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 ( you can do this by going to Settings –> Applications –> Development and then check mark the USB Debugging radio box over here)
- Your phone should be rooted and must have ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S to at least 80% of battery level
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via Tsunami X Custom ROM
Step 1 – First you need to download Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for Galaxy S I9000 (Custom ROM) [Secondary link] and then download the Google Apps package. After downloading, copy them to your phone’s SD card. Step 2 – Turn off your phone Step 3 – Press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons on your phone to boot into CWM Recovery Mode Step 4 – In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “wipe cache partition” Step 5 – In order to install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your Samsung Galaxy S do the following –> Return to the recovery mode menu –> flash zip from SD card –> choose zip from sdcard and now choose the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM Step 6 – Well we are almost there, you now have install the Gapps. To do that follow the steps mentioned above again, the only difference is that after selecting choose zip from sd card you have to choose the Gapps file Step 7 – Now do the following –> “+++++Go Back++++++> and then, at last select “reboot system now“. The phone will take around 5 minutes for the first boot up.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 will have Jelly Bean 4.2.2 installed on it, to confirm go to Settings –> About Phone and verify the software version of the phone.