I don’t know why users like to use the old Android versions on their devices, when the newer Android versions are available to flash easily. Though, it’s not official but of course you can enjoy all the brand-new features. Then again if you are waiting for the manufacturer to release the latest update for your device then you have to wait for life time.
Likely, here is the HTC One X – a beast from the well-known Taiwanese Smartphone manufacturer running on the quite older version of Android, i.e., Android 4.0 officially. However, like others, this phone is also not supported by the manufacturer anymore. And as we are aware that Android 4.2.2/4.3 Jelly Bean is the latest version revolving over the various Smartphones. I know, now you are eagerly waiting to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your HTC One X, but there is one pre-requisite and that is you have to root HTC One X.
Don’t hesitate, we are here to provide the best and the simplest method to root HTC One X with all the steps. Now, what’s your task? You have to simply follow the below tutorial carefully and do make sure that you don’t miss any of the steps, otherwise you will be in problem. Though, the process is quite easy and I am sure you’ll cross the level in a minute. Are you ready to conquer the root access on your device? Then, let’s start the tutorial.
Make note that rooting your device may void your device warranty, but then again you can unroot it back anytime you want.
Also Read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android
Things to Do
1. Download and install HTC Sync Manager on your PC.
2. Have a complete backup of your device data to stay safe.
3. Charge your device battery up to 80% level to stay away from battery discharge during the process.
4. Make sure to enable “USB debugging” found under the “Settings”.
5. Download the Fastboot files and extract it..
6. Register an account at HTCDev and verify it.
Steps to Unlock the HTC One X Bootloader
1. Login at HTCDev homepage with your credentials and then visit this HTC Unlock Bootloader page.
2. Select “All Other Supported Models” from the scroll down menu and then click on Begin Unlock Bootloader.
3. You will get a warning message; Click on “Yes” to continue. Then acknowledge the legal terms to proceed.
[alert-warning] You will see the Unlocking Bootloader Instructions at the next screen, ignore it and follow the instructions below. [/alert-warning]
4. Switch off your device and reboot it to Bootloader mode by pressing and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together.
5. Use the volume buttons and highlight the Fastboot option and then tap the Power button.
6. Connect the phone to your computer through a USB cable.
7. Now go to the folder where you have extracted the Fastboot files, then hold the Shift key on the keyboard and right click on the empty space. Click on the option “open Command window here”.
8. In the command prompt type the command fastboot devices and press enter. If your device is installed properly, it will show up and you’re good to go. If it’s not showing there will be some issue with the drivers so re-install the HTC Sync manager, restart your system and then try again.
9. Now go to this page and follow the steps mentioned from 8 to 10.
10. You will receive a mail soon with the unlock token for your device, which will be be named “Unlock_code.bin”. Download and place it to the Fastboot folder.
11. Now go back to the command prompt and type “fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin” and then press enter.
12. On the device screen you will see a message to confirm to unlock your bootloader. You can use the volume keys to make highlight your selection and use the Power button to select it.
13. Once you select Yes, the phone will be rebooted to Factory default and now you have an have an unlocked bootloader.
Steps to Root HTC One X
1. Download the SuperSu file from the below link to your Computer, depending on your device version.
2. Connect HTC One X via USB cable to Computer and copy the downloaded file to the root directory of your device. Don’t extract the file.
3. Switch off your device and reboot the device into bootloader mode by following below key combinations “Volume Down + Power Button” and then choose “Recovery”.
5. Simply, from there choose “install zip from SD card” -> choose “SuperSu file” from the root directory > choose “OK” to start the rooting process.
6. After few seconds, rooting process will be completed.
7. Now, choose “Reboot Now” option. Wait for the device to start.
As the device starts, navigate to the menu and there you’ll find the super user app installed on your HTC One X. That’s it! You own the root access on your device.
Once you successfully root your HTC One X, Flash Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Using InsertCoin ROM.
For any further support, you can ask us in the comments section.