After rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, many users are facing troubles in finding the Custom ROMs for Galaxy S3 mini without bugs. I know it’s really a tough task to get the Custom ROMs without a single bug. So, today I came up with one of the best Custom ROM for Galaxy S3 mini. I have been using this ROM since one week and I haven’t found any bugs, so I think to inform you guys! The name of the Custom ROM is DMod ROM V6 (Official Link). I really love this ROM and it has awesome customizable features with better battery life.
Features of DMod Custom ROM V6
- Based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- FULL S4 theme
- AROMA Installer
- 18 Colors Ink Effect Mod with 4 way Reboot
- Galaxy S4 Icons,Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers and some Apps
- Inverted YouTube with screen off playback
- Re-arranged status bar toggles
- New 4.1.6 Play Store!
- New Bravia Engine 3 ported, display looks even sharper
- Ported xLoud and ClearAudio for a great sound experience
- Added a statusbar icon when NFC is “ON”.
- Enabled sub-symbols on stock keyboard – Long press to insert symbol
- Colorized days in S-Planner
- Camera made available during call
- And much more…
If you are new to rooting and custom ROMs, I want you to know the advantages and disadvantages of using a custom ROM. For everyone, be cautious and carefully do the installation because a single mistake can brick your smartphone. And of course, we are not the developers of DMod Custom ROM, so don’t blame us if any functionality is not working properly.
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone battery is charged at least 70% to 80% of the full battery level.
- Take the full data backup of your phone.
- Enable the USB debugging.
Things to Do
- The phone must be rooted and CWM Recovery should be installed. If you haven’t done it yet visit the below link: How to root Galaxy S3 mini and install CWM recovery.
- Download DMod ROM for Galaxy S3 Mini.
Steps to install DMod Cstom ROM on Galaxy S3 Mini
Step 1: Copy the downloaded ROM file directly to your SD card without extracting it.
Step 2: Shutdown your smartphone. Then boot in to CWM recovery mode by press and hold the “Home + Volume Up + Power” buttons together for few seconds.
Step 3: Here in the Recovery Mode, do the “wipe data / reset” option first and then do the “wipe cache partition”. Then go to “advanced” option in the CWM Recovery menu and navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache” to perform the complete cache wipe.
Step 4: Go back to the main CWM recovery screen and then select “install zip from sd” and select the DMod ROM for Galaxy S3 mini which you have copied in the SD card. Installation will start and will takes some time to finish.
Step 5: After the installation is done, select the option “+++++Go Back++++++” to go back to CWM Recovery main screen and select “reboot system now”.
Step 6: Wait for the phone to boot-up, it will takes around 5 minutes for the initial start.
Voila! You have successfully installed DMod ROM on Galaxy S3 mini. Start using it now! If you face any difficulty in installing the DMod Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 Mini, share with us through the comments so that we can give you the right solution.
Don’t forget to leave your feedback. If you find this post useful then do share with your friends and make them aware of it.