Now-a-days people have a craze of owning dual SIM Smartphones. The first dual SIM phones were released by Chinese mobile companies and later-on it was adapted by other manufacturers. After that dual SIM trend followed with various smartphones including Android. Now many well-known Android smartphone manufacturers like Samsung and HTC, are also started developing smartphones with dual SIM cards.
A few months back, HTC released HTC Desire 600 with the dual SIM facility. The Smartphone runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean having normal specs like Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 4.5 inches Super LCD2 screen etc. As this is a fairly new device, the update will not be available instantly – though users are waiting for an official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
I must say that if you will depend on the manufacturer to get an official update then you might be missing something more advanced at that time! Now, the only way to use all the latest of the Android OS is to get Custom ROM on your device. But before that you have to root your HTC Desire 600. To do that we are here to help you. Today, in this post, we will just guide you on how to install CWM recovery and root HTC Desire 600. Let’s go through the tutorial and make sure you have taken a complete backup of your device data.
Things to be Done
- The first and most important step is to verify that your device bootloader must be unlocked, if not then you can unlock from the official HTC website. You can unlock the Bootloader by following the steps mentioned in this article, it’s all same.
- 80 % Charging must be there on the device.
- USB debugging must be “ON”.
- Install HTC Sync Manager on the computer.
Download Necessary Files
Make sure to download all the below files on your Computer’s desktop.
Before we go further, for the simplicity this post is divided into two sections – one is for the installation of CWM recovery and another one is for rooting HTC Desire 600.
Steps To Install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire 600
1. Extract the “Fastboot” file on the desktop.
2. Extract the CWM Recovery file to the fastboot folder
3. Switch off your device and then start by press and hold “Volume Down + Power Key” together. Once the Hboot menu displayed select “Fastboot”.
4. Connect your device to your Computer with the help of a USB cable.
5. Navigate to the “Fastboot” folder and then hold “Shift” key from keyboard and press Right-Click on any blank area of your screen -> select “Open command window here”.
6. Type the following command in the command prompt to flash the recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7. Once the process is completed, reboot your device. That’s it CWM Recovery installation has completed.
Steps to Root HTC Desire 600
8. Place the “SuperSu” file to the root directory of your device. Don’t extract the file.
9. Switch off your device.
10. Now, boot your device in to CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Power Button” and then choose “Recovery”.
11. In the recovery menu, choose “install zip from SD card” -> choose “SuperSu” file from the root directory -> tap “OK” to start the rooting process.
12. Wat for a few seconds to complete the process.
13. Finally, choose “Reboot Now” option. Wait for the device to restart.
As the device starts, navigate to the menu and there you’ll find the super user app installed on your HTC Desire 600. It means, your device is rooted successfully. You can also use Root Checker app to confirm your device is rooted properly. You can now install Custom ROMs and apps which needed root access. Start tweaking your device now!