For the last few months, many high-end Android smartphones are announced and released by different manufacturers. Generally people keep interest on the launches by well-known Android Smartphones manufactures like Samsung, Sony and HTC. But this time LG has released a very cool device named G2 and it’s receiving avid attention from the users.
It looks LG’s flagship device G2 will finally help them to captured a significant place in the competitive android smartphone market. LG G2 is a beast running on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and featuring powerful Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 CPU with 2 GB RAM and overlaid with 5.2 inches True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen.
So, if you are the owner of the LG G2 beast and you are willing to root it for installing various Custom ROM, themes, Mods, etc., then definitely you can follow the below tutorial to root LG G2 Android smartphone. Okay guys, we all know that this is a pricey device, so it’s advisable to follow the tutorial carefully and if you missed a single step then you’re gone. If you are not comfortable to go to the tutorial directly then first read the whole tutorial intensively and clear all your doubts. So, let’s jump to the tutorial section!
The LG G2 Smartphone has many variants and this rooting guide is working for all the variants listed below! Do check it out, that your device is listed or not.
- AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Shipping ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Shipping ROM)
- KT F320k (Shipping ROM)
- Rogers D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Bell D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Telus D803 (Shipping ROM)
- OPEN D802 (Shipping ROM)
Things to Do
- Charge your device battery up to 70 – 80%.
- Have a full backup of your data.
- Enable the Developer mode by going to System Settings -> General -> About Phone -> Software Information -> and then keep tapping on Build Number until it the developer message comes up.
- In the Developer Options, enable the mode “USB Debugging”.
- Install LG G2 USB Drivers from here on your computer.
- Be ready with your original device USB cable.
Procedure To Root LG G2
1. Download the “Rooting Package” from the link – Root Package.
2. Extract the downloaded file on a folder in your Computer.
3. Now, connect your G2 to your Computer with the help of a USB cable.
4. Double click to Open the “root.bat” file from the extracted folder and follow the instructions.
5. In between the process, you’ll be prompted to disconnect your device from USB, disable USB debugging and then re-enable USB debugging. Do it carefully and then plug the device back to your Computer via USB cable.
6. Further, you’ll be given a choice of installing SuperSu app – Accept or Decline. Go according to your need, it will not take any effect in the rooting process. I recommend you to go with “Accept”.
7. Once all the processes are completed, reboot your device.
Once the device starts, open the SuperSu app from the app drawer and check whether you can give root access to apps or not. If you can grant the permission, it means you have rooted your LG G2 successfully. For any help, contact us via the comments box below!