There was a time when users were reluctant to invest their money on Indian smartphone brands. But the time is changing now, the latest IDC report states that the Indian vendors Micromax and Karbonn have grabbed a 46 percent of Indian smartphone market share in the Q2 of 2013 which is higher than Samsung and Apple together.
The number one Indian smartphone company, Micromax is slowly capturing the smartphone market share with its low-priced yet top featured products. Its flagship Canvas series proved to be a great success and they have sold more than 1 million handsets by the April 2013.
A new entry to the range, Canvas 4 A210 was launched in the month of July after the huge success of Canvas 2 A110 and the Canvas HD. The device brings a slew of features to the table as it comes with 1.2 GHz MediaTek quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of built-in storage. It also possess a 5-inch 720p IPS display, 13 MP camera and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Now if you are an owner of Canvas 4 already, you might be wanted to root the device to unveil the unlimited possibilities of Android operating system. So here we are with the step-by-step tutorial to root Micromax Canvas 4 A210. Before proceeding further you should remember that the rooting will likely void your device warranty, however you can unroot it later if you want.
- Micromax Canvas 4 A210
- A windows based computer
- Original USB cable
Things to Do
- Enable the USB debugging (Settings -> Developer options -> Tick mark on USB debugging)
- Ensure to take the backup of important files so that you can restore it later if anything goes wrong.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged at least 70%-80%.
- Download and install the Driver files of Micromax Canvas 4 A210.
How to Root Micromax Canvas 4 A210
1. Download rooting files from here.
2. Extract the downloaded file and open the folder.
3. Connect your Micromax Canvas 4 A210 to the system by using the USB cable
4. Launch the file named ‘run.bat‘. Now a command window will open and ask to press Enter to root the device.
5. After pressing enter it will start the rooting process. Your may reboot several times while the rooting process.
6. You will see the “SuperSu” icon after the successful rooting. You can also check the same through Root Checker app from the Play store.
Well, that’s it. Your Micromax Canvas 4 is a rooted device now.
Install CWM Recovery Micromax Canvas 4 A210
Once the device is rooted, installing the CWM Recovery is pretty simple. Just follow the below steps to do the same.
1. Install ROM Manager from the play store.
2. Open the app and select the option Recovery Setup under Recovery.
3. Under the title Install or Update Recovery, you will see ClockworkMode Recovery, tap on it.
4. The app will now try to identify your device make and model, once it’s done, tap on it and click OK to proceed further.
5. Now tap on the option Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and it will start to download the CWM recovery to the phone. Once the download is completed, the app will automatically install.
6. That’s it! To confirm the CWM Recovery is installed properly, go back to ROM Manager home screen and select Reboot into Recovery and tap OK. Your phone should now reboot into the CWM recovery mode.
Unroot Micromax Canvas 4 A210
In anytime you can unroot your device by going to the SuperSU -> Settings -> Full Unroot.
Hope this guide helped you to root your device. If you face any problem during the process please let us know through the comments. We will try our level best to help you out.