In most cases the high-end flagship smartphones are packed with powerful hardware features to meet up the user’s requirements, but sometimes they fail to do so! Similar is the case with Samsung Galaxy S5. The most awaited Samsung’s flagship device has succeeded in gaining user’s attention but doesn’t meet the user’s expectations. Absolutely, the device is far better than its predecessor consisting of many unseen and modern features to make life easier.
Well, the device is powered by 2.5GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, powerful 16MP camera with Fast Auto Focus & HDR (Rich Tone) capability, and running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. In case, if you owe Samsung Galaxy S5 and you want to unleash the beast then you must go for rooting. After gaining root access on your device, you can install various custom ROMs, root apps, modified kernels and much more. So, if you are willing to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 then follow the tutorial below. Let’s get started.
- Make sure you have charged your Samsung Galaxy S5 up to 70 – 80% to avoid unexpected errors.
- Don’t forget to enable “USB Debugging” on your device.
- Make sure you have installed “Samsung Kies” or suitable USB drivers on your PC.
- Have a complete backup of your important data.
2. CF Auto Root file: Download the file according to your device model number and region.
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) – International Snapdragon (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H) – International Exynos (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900I) – Oceania (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900L) – Korean model (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900M) – Model for Middle East and South America (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900RT) – US Cellular (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) – T-Mobile United States (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) – Sprint (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T1) – MetroPCS (Download)
- Galaxy S5 (SM-G900W8) – Canadian model (Download)
Procedure To Root Samsung Galaxy S5
Step 1: Download the above files and extract them all in one particular folder.
Step 2: Launch the “Odin.exe” tool from the extracted folder.
Step 3: Shut down your device.
Step 4: Start your device in “Downloading Mode”. To do so: Press and hold “Volume Down + Home + Power” buttons together for a few seconds and then press the “Volume Up” to enter.
Step 5: Connect your device to your PC.
Step 6: Once the device is detected by Odin, click on “AP/PDA” -> choose “CF Auto-Root file” from the extracted folder.
Step 7: Ensure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin.
Step 8: Finally, click on the “Start” button to begin the rooting process.
Step 9: As soon as the process gets completed, a “PASS” message will be displayed on the screen and your device will be restarted automatically.
Step 10: Disconnect your device.
Congratulations! Your flagship device has now been rooted. However, if you face any error while performing the above mentioned steps or you have any query regarding the procedure, then do share with us to get it solved. Enjoy.