Still waiting to use Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000? Wake up! Now you can update Galaxy Note N7000 with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by flashing SlimBean Custom ROM. SlimBean – a notable Custom ROM with unique features; gaining much popularity now-a-days. Recently, team SlimBean developers has released the Slim Bean Build 6 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
New SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is fully integrated and bugs fixes of previous build and added some new features.
Change log of Slim Bean Build 6
- Add DC-HSPA+ to framework
- Fixed GlowPad layout on Larger devices
- Massive improvements to T9 dialer
- TRDS 2.0 [Updated Packages + Gapps]
- Added Power Dis/Connect Notification sound options
- Added TruView [Camera]
- Massive updates to DashClock [Beta2]
- Fixed Torch FC
- Added Multi-Part/Split SMS option [Mms]
- Added Transparent Incoming call [Phone]
- Added Auto-Brightness sensitivity
- Changed keyboard hints to full holo blue light [LatinIME]
- Fixed BT MAP requests
- More optimizations and fixes for memleaks for Slim changes
- And some more optimizations to Dalvik!
- Fixed NFC bugs
- Fixed TRDS on car dock
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and want to update to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via SlimBean Custom ROM then in this article, I will guide on “How to install SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000”. Before proceeding further, make sure you have read “Prerequisite and Disclaimer”.
We (AndroMint.com) are not the developers of this SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, so if some functionality are not working then don’t blame us. Perform at your own risk!
1. Charge your phone battery to about 80% of the full battery level.
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. The phone must be rooted. If not then visit the below link: Easy Rooting of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
4. Make the full backup of data.
How to install SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Read all the steps thoroughly before proceeding with the custom ROM installation.
Step 1: Download SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and Gapps. Copy both the files directly in external SD card. [Don’t extract any file]
Step 2: Switch off your note and boot in to CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until the Samsung logo comes up, leave all three buttons for half a second and hold them again.”
step 3: In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “wipe cache partition”.
Step 4: Return to main CWM recovery menu, from there select “install zip from SD card” and select “SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000” (which you have download and place in external SD card). Wait for the installation to complete.
step 5: Repeat “Step 4” and this time select “Gapps” instead of ROM file.
Step 6: At last, select “+++++Go Back++++++” to CWM Recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”. The phone will take around 5 minutes for the first boot up.
Congratulations! You have installed SlimBean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. To verify, go to “Settings –> About Phone” and check the phone version. If you face any difficulty in installing Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, then let me know via comments so that we can help you.