It will be the most desirable movement for the International Samsung Galaxy S3 users, to know that Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is made available to flash on your device and that too officially! Yeah, finally, your wish has come true. After the constant use of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, the users were bored and demanding for some change in the interface, elements, launcher, widgets, etc. So here is your update bundle packed with tremendous new features with refreshing look.
As the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is official, users can easily grab it via OTA just by navigating to Settings -> About Device -> Check for Software Updates. By following this specified method you don’t have to worry about the firmware version. But if the update is not available through OTA yet and you want to update it manually then you must have to verify your phone baseband version and provided update baseband version. To know your device baseband version, go to ‘Settings -> About Device -> Baseband Version, while the update baseband version is stated below!
Country: Ireland (Vodafone)
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 03:29:22 +0000
Product Code: VDI
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Things to Remember
- If your device is rooted and you update your device then the root access will be revoked!
- Take a full backup of your phone as this new update will erase everything. (Check: NANDroid Backup – How to Perform and Restore)
- Make sure your phone is charged at least 70%-80%.
Steps To Update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3
1. Download and install Samsung Kies to your computer, it will install all the necessary USB drivers on your PC.
2. Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update (I9300XXUGMJ9_I9300VFGGMJ5_VDI) from here and extract it to the computer.
3. Download Odin flash tool extract it.
4. Now, simply turn off your phone and boot into downloading mode to flash the update. To do so, Press and hold “Volume Down + Home + Power buttons” together for a few seconds and after that press “Volume Up” for confirmation.
5. Open the Odin from the extracted folder and launch “Odin.exe”.
6. Connect your device to PC via original USB data cable. Your device will appear in one of the ID: COM box.
7. Now, click on “AP”and choose the file “AP_I9300XXUGMJ9_I9300VFGGMJ5_I9300BUUGMJ3_HOME.tar .md5” from the firmware extracted folder.
8. Make sure that F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are checked and Do not check Re-partition box.
9. Finally, click on the “Start” button to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the process is completed, you will see “PASS” message on the Odin and your device will reboot automatically. It’s the time to disconnect your device.
If you face boot looping issue, you have to do the following thing.
- Turn off your device or take out the battery from the device.
- Boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Home + Power buttons” for a few seconds.
- In the Recovery mode, do “wipe data/factory reset” and then “reboot your phone”.
Wooooo! Finally, your Galaxy S3 will boot into Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. It’s the time for celebration guys! Don’t forget to share your reviews on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3. And as usual, we are here to help you so don’t be afraid and start updating your Samsung Galaxy S3 device now!