After facing several problems in Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROMs, users were eagerly waiting for Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update for Galaxy Grand Duos. However official update is not available yet, though they can update Galaxy Grand Duos to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF2 leaked firmware. Doubtless, this update includes several bug fixes, better battery performance and some newly added features. You can’t get this update via Kies, so if you want to update Galaxy Grand Duos to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 then simply follow the below guide carefully!
The entire post will guide you on how to update Galaxy Grand Duos to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF2 Leaked Firmware, but before going further you must read the whole post carefully for your safety only. So, let’s start our journey!
- Make sure your mobile should possess 70 to 80% battery
- Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
- Ensure you have backed up your important data.
- Install USB drivers on your PC (Download USB Drivers or Download Samsung Kies (Drivers Included)).
Steps to update Galaxy Grand Duos to Jelly Bean
Step 1: Download “Odin” and Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF2 For Galaxy Grand Duos
Step 2: After downloading, extract both the files on the desktop.
Step 3: Open “Odin.exe” from the extracted folder.
Step 4: Now, switch off your phone to boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down key, Home button and the Power key together. A warning screen will now appear, just press the Power key/Volume Up to enter the Download mode.
Step 5: Connect your phone via USB cable to the computer. If your phone is connected successfully, then one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow/green color.
Step 6: Now select the files as per below instruction to update Galaxy Grand Duos to Jelly Bean. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Step 7: Please make sure that F. Reset Time, Re-partition and Auto Reboot options are checked on Odin.
Step 8: Click on the “START” button to begin the flashing process.
Step 9: As all the process gets over, you will get “PASS” message in Odin and the phone will reboot automatically. Now, you can unplug your device.
Congratulations! Now your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos runs on the latest version of Android, i.e. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. No doubt, this is the easiest guide but somehow if you face any problem with flashing Jelly Bean Update for Galaxy Grand Duos then you can share with us via comments and we will provide you the best solution for it! (Thanks to Sammobile for providing this update)